LVN Supervisor - Bakersfield
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, PTO, Holiday Pay, 403b retirement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Perform patient care, technical and supportive services in the clinical setting at a very high-volume, fast-paced health center. |
Alternative 10-hour daily assignments (4/10s) as well as evenings and weekends may be required.
Licensed Vocation Nurse Supervisors are licensed health professionals who perform patient care, technical and supportive services under general supervision in the clinical setting. The LVN supports the philosophy and complies with the protocols, policies and procedures of the Organization. In the absence of the RN Supervisor, the LVN Supervisor may be responsible for clinic supervision.
1. Perform patient care functions as prescribed by provider following established protocols, policies, and procedures within their scope of education, training and responsibilities.
2. Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
3. Assess and monitor patientsí conditions and notify provider for disposition.
4. Prepare and administer medications as directed by provider order or standing orders, following established protocols.
5. If, State certified, initiate and maintain Intravenous solutions as prescribed by provider, following established protocols.
6. Maintain equipment and supplies. Identify and arrange for equipment needing repair.
7. Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control.
8. Monitor patient flow and assign/direct other personnel as needed.
9. Provide medical information and education to patients, following established protocols and policies.
10. Document pertinent patient information, assessment and nursing procedures, following established protocols. Maintain patient confidentiality.
11. Documentation must be dated, legible and with the appropriate signature to all entries (first initial, last name and title). All pre-printed prompts are to be answered.
12. On a temporary basis, may be required to work at any satellite facility.
13. Perform other duties as directed.
14. Demonstrates clinical knowledge and skill in the care of the newborn, infant, toddler, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients ranging from 0-100+ years of age.
15. Facilitate the practice of the assigned providers.
16. Perform routine clerical functions as assigned (making appointments, telephone calls, etc.
17. Other duties as required.
1. Upholds Clinica Sierra Vista Policies and Procedures and applicable State, Federal and local laws.
2. Serves as a leader of the nursing health care team, delegates tasks appropriately and demonstrates appropriate accountability.
3. Demonstrates a professional, supportive attitude.
4. Championís new ideas.
5. Leads and directs others through the change process.
6. Utilizes communization strategies including chain of command and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
7. Participates in problem identification and resolution.
8. Mentors, orients, and coaches others in clinic specific operations and patient care activities.
9. Shares responsibilities and authority with subordinates and holds him/her accountable for performance.
10. Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in order to assist member problem resolution.
11. Prioritizes delegates, and supervises work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
12. Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
|Qualifications:||Candidates must have a current and valid LVN and California driverís license with a clean DMV record. Supervisory experience and bilingual in English and Spanish required.|
1.Graduation from an accredited School of Vocational Nursing.
2.Current California Vocational Nurse license required.
3.Current I.V. certification preferred.
4.Current Basic Life Support card required.
5.Supervisory experience preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.