Nutrition Assistant - Bakersfield
|Salary Range:||Entry Level|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 403b (Retirement)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Nutrition Assistant provides education and support of breastfeeding and healthy eating for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) participants.|
Hours may vary from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., or 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. An occasional Saturday shift may also be required.
Clinica Sierra Vista is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and complies fully with the American's With Disabilities Act. CSV supports the "Community Health Center Veterans Hiring Challenge" and encourages military veterans to apply.
1. Provides quality customer service to clients and team members with an attitude of helpfulness, dignity and respect.
2. Greets clients and provides general information about WIC and Clinica Sierra Vista services.
3. Obtains nutrition and diet histories of low risk participants according to established procedures.
4. Weighs and measures participants according to established protocols.
5. Provides education and support of breastfeeding and promote a breastfeeding friendly environment.
6. Identifies patient needs and provide necessary referrals.
7. Schedules appointments and issue and distribute the WIC food instruments.
8. Screens clients for WIC eligibility, counsel and refer participants as needed.
9. Documents pertinent information in ISIS, the WIC Programís Integrated Statewide Information System.
10. Participates in case reviews, staff meetings, and program planning as needed.
11. For non-WIC encounters, submits the required billing documents for reimbursement.
12. Complies with established Clinica Sierra Vista and WIC policies.
|Qualifications:||Must have great customer service, clerical, typing and filing skills. Must be bilingual in English and Spanish. Must also have a valid California driver license with a clean DMV record.|
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
Must be a minumum of 18 years of age.
Must have high school diploma or GED equivalency.
Basic computer skills.
Precise and conscientious about details.
Excellent Communication Skills.
Ability to handle multiple tasks well.
Ability to work well independently and with others.
Previous nutrition counseling experience desirable
Certified as a Lactation Educator, desirable.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.