Receptionist - Bakersfield
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Serve as a focal point for the appointment system at the Clinic and is the principal staff member responsible for the smooth flow of patients throughout the Clinicís various services. (S)He makes appointments for patientís needs according to written protocols, and directs patients to appropriate providers. (S)He assures that the time for the day is well scheduled for all providers. The job is difficult because of the demands placed on the front desk by both patients and staff. At the same time, it is challenging because it offers a unique opportunity to work with people and help them understand and get into the system at the clinic. The position requires an individual who can function independently, who can prioritize activities, and who will respect the confidentiality of our patientís problems.
Clinica Sierra Vista is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and complies fully with the American's With Disabilities Act. CSV supports the "Community Health Center Veterans Hiring Challenge" and encourages military veterans to apply.
|Duties:||1. Greet patients as they come in. Assist and direct patients to appropriate department. Answer any questions the patient has regarding the policies and procedures of Clinica Sierra Vista. Explain the role of health services and programs in Clinica health care.
2. Perform intake (registration) of patients. Explain sliding scale, payment policies and procedures. Explain the importance of applying for Medi-Cal, if eligible, and paying for oneís bill. Also perform certification of Family Planning Program and Gateway and explain services available.
3. Perform preliminary needs assessment of walk-in patients and nurse visits and register them for a walk-in appointment according to written protocols.
4. Maintain patient registration information.
5. Make appointments for patients according to written protocols.
6. Answer all incoming calls.
7. Generate and complete route slips on all patients.
8. Perform other work related duties as required.
|Qualifications:||1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Must be 18 years of age.
3. Minimum of two years experience in a medical setting.
4. Knowledge of community; skilled in communicating with people and understanding their problems.
5. Should believe in health care with dignity for all.
Must be Bilingual in English and Spanish, have a valid California Driver License and a clean DMV report.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.