Registered Addiction Specialist - Fresno
|Salary Range:||Starting at $32,000 per year|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 403b|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Provides direct substance related counseling through multiple modalities including primarily individual and group work, for persons who have a history of abusing substances and who require recovery and prevention services. |
- Plans and provides substance abuse recovery services for adults and adolescents who are abusing alcohol or other drugs including the provisions of service to individuals who may have a co-occurring mental health disorder.
- Under clinical supervision, participates in the development of treatment plans to address the mental health needs of participants and assess how recovery impacts their treatment needs.
- Conducts initial screening interviews, including formal use of tools such as the ASI- Light, ASAM and Socrates. Schedules appointments and conducts intake assessments to determine participantís ability to benefit from a recovery process including those with co-occurring disorders in conjunction with other mental health services.
- Assists participants in establishing a plan to address social, cultural, familial and personal patterns that contribute to their substance use and abuse.
- Leads group discussions and education classes and participates in individual sessions.
- Monitors and documents progress in recovery from alcohol and drug abuse to guide participants in the principles of recovery and in the principles of utilizing self-help groups and community services.
- Works with groups and individuals to provide a supportive environment that encourages the participantís ability to succeed in treatment.
- Keeps accurate records of participantís progress in recovery, effects on mental stability and behavioral changes.
- Must have twelve (12) months of documented professional or volunteer experience working in a social service, chemical dependency or mental health setting in a capacity requiring interaction with individuals and/or families receiving specialty mental health and/or addiction treatment services.
- Must be a Registered Addiction Specialist through a NCCA accredited institution.
- Must have knowledge of the principles of alcohol and drug addiction, the process of recovery and recovery planning and motivational interviewing techniques and concepts.
- Must have the ability to facilitate group and individual recovery; monitor individual progress and recovery process; assess social, cultural, familial and personal patterns that contribute to substances abuse; establish and maintain effective working relationships; conduct interviews and gather information; work with a variety of public and private agencies in providing integrated mental health and recovery services for participants.
- Must have the ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team setting with other paraprofessional and professional staff.
- Must have the ability to maintain patient/client dignity and confidentiality.
- Must be able to work non-regular hours, weekends, and 10-hour shifts as required.
- Must have a valid California driver license and clean DMV record.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.