Medical Assistant - Fresno
|Salary Range:||Entry Level|
|Employment Type:||Temporary - Full Time|
|Description:||Perform routine patient care functions as prescribed by licensed heath care providers following established clinical protocols, policies and procedures within their scope of education, training and responsibilities.
Alternative 10-hour daily assignments required (4/10s) as well as evenings and weekends. |
- Perform routine patient care functions as prescribed by licensed heath care providers following established clinical protocols, policies and procedures within their scope of education, training and responsibilities.
- Facilitate the practice of their assigned provider (s) in a non-judgmental manner.
- Perform routine clerical functions as assigned (making appointments, telephone calls etc.).
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by provider order.
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control as directed by Infection Control Policies.
- Provide basic information and assistance to patients under the direction of the licensed personnel.
- Document pertinent patient information, nursing procedures and patient response, following established guidelines and maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Documentation must be dated, legible and with the appropriate signature to all entries (first initial, last name and title). All pre-printed prompts are to be answered.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge and skill in the care of the newborn, infant, toddler, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients ranging from 0-100+years of age.
- On a temporary basis, may be required to work at any satellite facility.
|Qualifications:||Completion of an accredited medical assistant program, bilingual (English & Spanish), and current basic life support card required. Must also have a valid CA driver license and clean DMV record. |
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.