Mental Health Therapist - Bakersfield
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Behavioral Health Therapist under the general supervision of the Clinic Manager plans and provides direct mental health psychotherapy and co-occurring services for adults, children, families and groups. Emphasis is on an multi-disciplinary team approach, strength based and solution focused methods in providing comprehensive care to clients and their families. Supervised hours of experience for Unlicensed Therapists are provided by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Psychologist and/or Board certified Psychiatrist to meet the pre-licensing accrual hours necessary for licensure under jurisdiction of the Board of Behavioral Sciences. All BH Therapist (Licensed and Unlicensed) must be credentialed by the Clinica Sierra Vista credentialing board before they may see clients. Unlicensed Therapists must also abide by all clinical directives and guidelines provided to them by their licensed supervisor. Details of the supervisor/supervisee rights and responsibilities are outlined in the BBS terms and conditions for accrual of supervised hours of experience in a non-profit setting. |
Clinica Sierra Vista is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and complies fully with the American's With Disabilities Act. CSV supports the "Community Health Center Veterans Hiring Challenge" and encourages military veterans to apply.
1. Provides individual, group and family psychotherapy services as allowed within the employees’ scope of practice and the recovery model guidance for best practices at the service site.
2. Screens adults and/or children for the appropriateness of treatment; conducts psychosocial assessments and diagnoses mental health and co-occurring disorders.
3. Assists in the coordinating of activities for the Clinic Manager.
4. Maintains communication with other local service agencies for patient referral as needed. Develops network of community resources and maintains liaison with these resources.
5. Assist in the provision of in-services and consultation to the interdisciplinary team of health professionals on the staff.
6. Responsible for implementation, design and oversight of the client's treatment plan.
7. Must have a current/valid California Drivers License and proof of insurance.
8. May be assigned to work at a satellite clinic/site on a scheduled, temporary basis.
Other Experience and Skills Required:
1. Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team approach with both paraprofessionals and professionals.
2. Ability to maintain client dignity and confidentiality.
3. Willingness to work non-regular hours may be required. Able to work specific weekend shifts (usually Saturdays from 9:00 – 1:00).
4. Bilingual (Spanish-English) required
5. Good writing and verbal skills are essential.
1. Completion of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in Psychology, Marriage and Family Counseling, Social Work or a related field
Eligibility for registration with the State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences in good standing as an Associate Social Worker (ASW) or as a Marriage and Family Therapist Intern (MFT-Intern); or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker; or a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.