Billing Clerk - Bakersfield
|Employment Type:||Temporary - Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for clerical work involving the preparation and input of billing information to patient accounts. May work closely with patients to educate them as to our corporate billing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all phases of billing including policies and procedures for specific financial class assignments.
- Prepare, input and finalize claims for reimbursement including tracers resubmissions and retroactive billing.
- Prepares, post receipts RAís/EOBís received including the reconciliation of claims suspended/denied.
- Generate assigned summary reports for finance department.
- Bill unpaid balances to patient or secondary payor, if applicable.
- Prepare claims inquiries and follow-up on a timely manner to maximize reimbursement.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years experience in billing in the medical/dental field to include CPT and ICD9 Coding.
- Ability to communicate with patients in a pleasant manner regarding their accounts.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to post and make arithmetical computations accurately.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.